Monday, April 30, 2012

Easy Taupe Eye Look


My everyday makeup routine stays pretty consistent. I'm not necessarily lazy, I just like what I like and what I like is neutrals. But every once and awhile when I want to go a little bit bolder on my eyes. I have my own very simple version of a neutral smokey eye with only 6 products that isn't too harsh and can easily be worn during the day time to draw more attention to your eyes. One day, I might get around to actually filming a video tutorial, but for now, I'm just going to share the products I use to achieve that look and a quick description.


1. Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eyestudio in Tough as Taupe all over the lid for a base and primer.
2. Using 5 colors from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: Verve all over the eyelid, Tease in the crease,  Busted in the outer corner/V of eye, Foxy as the best friend blending color, and Blackout to set your eyeliner.
3. L'Oreal Lineur Intense Brush Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black to create a defined upper lash line. 
4. Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara in two coats on curled upper lashes and bottom lashes too.
5. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake blended onto the apples of the cheeks. 

I love how simple this taupey smokey look is and how well it plays up the eyes with a neutral cheek and lip added. It's a definite must try for anyone looking to easily amp up their everyday makeup look. 

xx - Dan



1 comment:

  1. Hey :) Love the look! Natural and flawless :)
    Oh, and great to have you in Glamazon <3

    ReplyDelete