Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rachel's Visit to Arizona

One of the absolute highlights of March, actually of all of 2012 was definitely meeting Rachel and getting to spend a whole week with her and Emily while she was here visiting on her Spring Break. Rachel and I have kept an internet based friendship for um, let's see, the past 3 years. We both called Emily our best friend, so it was natural for us to start talking via Facebook, my senior year of high school. Quickly we realized a common interest in blogging and writing and it was history from then on. To all of those people who say internet friendships don't count or aren't real, have no idea of the friendships I've maintained without meeting someone in person. She has kept me going when I felt weak and inspired me to stay strong. She's truly one of the most beautiful, kind hearted, and strong people I've ever had the pleasure of finally meeting.

Emily and I had a blast calling Rachel, our daughter, that week while we split time between the both of us while keeping our work and school schedules in check and dropping her off at various places. We did a lot of shopping, even more eating, and even more talking. Having her here was one of the biggest blessings in the world and it was extremely difficult to say goodbye after getting to spend so much time together. I'm so grateful God gave me the opportunity after so long to finally meet her and enjoy her company in person.

I could go on and on and on about how wonderful it was to have her here, but a picture is worth a 1000 words (cheesyyyy), so here's a few of those instead.








xx - Dan


1 comment:

  1. This just makes my heart melt. Love you so much, and I think about week like every day! Wish I could be there with you and Em! I'm so thankful for your friendship and so happy God blessed me with you in my life!

    ReplyDelete